In this issue
- Scholarships for VCAL teachers in government schools
- Professional Learning Opportunity for VET teachers
- VCAA consultation register for the new vocational and applied learning curriculum
- VCAL Quality Assurance arrangements and webinar
- Induction Day Feb 26, 2021
- Masterclasses March 19, 2021
- Membership renewal winners
From the Department of Education and Training
1. Scholarships for VCAL teachers in government schools
A new Scholarship Program provides opportunities for 100 current and aspiring VCAL teachers in Government schools to undertake Deakin University’s Graduate Certificate of Applied Learning and Teaching. This one-year, fully online program will allow participants to explore a variety of teaching styles, strategies, and to develop valuable networks with like-minded teachers from across Victoria.
2. Professional Learning Opportunity for VET teachers in government schools
The VET Development Centre (VDC) has been funded to deliver a professional learning initiative for VET Teachers – the Industry Placement Program.
Industry Placements – VET teachers will undertake a ten-day program including an industry placement.
Industry Themed Forums – A series of one-day forums will help VET teachers to enhance overall knowledge and currency of a specific industry area.
Industry Engagement Conference – A two-day conference for VET teachers. The conference will be an opportunity for experts in the field to speak about key areas of interest such as trends in VET teaching and learning, industry updates and broader sector reform.
To register your interest, refer to: Industry Placement Program – VDC
From the VCAA
VCAA Bulletin No 65 February 2021
3. 2021 VCAA consultation register for the new vocational and applied learning curriculum
As part of the Senior Secondary Certificate Reform Project, all current VCAL curriculum will be reviewed and redeveloped to create curriculum for the vocational specialisation within the VCE and the new Foundation Pathways Certificate.
Experienced VCAL teachers are encouraged to register their interest in being part of the consultation process for one of the following curriculum areas:
- Literacy Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Personal Development Skills
- Work Related Skills, including Skills for Further Study – Senior
- Portfolio Enhancement and Presentation – Senior.
Further details about the review and consultation process, including the range of ways to be involved, will be published in Term 1. Currently we are accepting registrations of interest via email: email@example.com.
Notice to Schools 9/2021 – 3 February 2021
4. 2021 VCAL Quality Assurance arrangements and webinar
Quality Assurance (QA) is an important part of the delivery of the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).
QA templates and VCAL provider details must be submitted to your region’s VCAL QA Panel Leader by Friday 19 March 2021.
VCAA is offering a webinar on Wednesday 17 February 2021 to help providers complete QA templates. Registrations close on Tuesday 16 February 2021.
5. Induction Day Feb 26, 2021
face-to-face and online options
15 sessons ideal for newcomers or refreshers
6. Masterclasses March 19, 2021
7. Membership renewal winners
Membership renewal is now due
Thanks to those who have renewed – we’ve had an overwhelming response. That makes us all winners!