In this issue
- Term 2 Masterclasses Friday May 14 – registration opens very soon!
- Expression of Interest to present at the Annual conference: ‘Celebrating 20 years of Applied Learning in Victoria’.
- VALA VCAL Induction Day online access available now
- Membership – Your 2020 password is no longer valid. Renew or join today
- From the VCAA
1. Masterclasses in Term 2
We are opening the Term 2 Masterclasses for registration shortly.
Date: Friday May 14
Place: Jasper Hotel Melbourne
Cost: $250 VALA Members – $310 non-members
Full day, in depth workshops on the following topics:
- Literacy for Great Citizens – Jared Bandara
- Inclusive Learning – Strategies to empower your students – Mal Hand
- Work Related Skills – Lisa Brown
- VCAL Coordination – The in’s and out’s! – Narelle Bean
- Passionately Planning your VCAL delivery – Cherie Osta and Geoff Bird
- It’s all about the numbers! – Applied Numeracy – Justine Sakurai.
Keep an eye on our website and your inbox!
2. Expression of interest Annual Conference
Present at the 2021 VALA Annual Conference – ‘Celebrating 20 years of Applied Learning in Victoria’
June 18, 2021
This year marks the 20th year of the VCAL as well as the start of a major Senior Secondary Reform in response to the recommendations from the Firth report. We believe it is time to share our successes over the past 20 years and distil those elements we need to safeguard for the next 20 years.
The 2021 VALA Annual conference ‘Celebrating 20 years of Applied Learning in Victoria’ highlights the positive outcomes students achieve through the VCAL by intently developing (and assessing!) the 21st Century skills – and we’re seeking your input!
We are inviting educators, coordinators and principals to share their VCAL success stories on Friday, 18th of June at Jasper Hotel, Melbourne CBD (this event will also be accessible
We are seeking submissions on outstanding projects, programs, industry and community connections, individual VCAL pathways and how you advocate for Applied Learning in your setting, both internally and externally. This is a great opportunity to showcase your work and attend the conference for free with first pick to session selection!
(Please note: The primary presenter attends free of charge, co-presenters will be charged VALA member rate, regardless of member status).
Feel free to contact Helene on 0488 440 482 or email@example.com if you like to discuss your proposal further.
3. VALA VCAL Induction Day recordings and resources available for purchase
Forget Netflix! Binge watch over 17hrs of Applied Learning workshops instead!
The 2021 VALA VCAL Induction Day was a great success with overwhelmingly positive feedback on sessions. For those who missed out; you can now purchase access to recordings and hand-outs to all sessions until May 30, 2021. That is 17 hours of professional development and additional resources!!
See program details and how to purchase recordings and handouts.
People who attended (and have paid) have been sent a link to the recordings.
4. Membership – Renew or Join VALA – password changed.
Got your new member password over the last few days? That’s because you’ve renewed.
If you didn’t it means we haven’t received your membership application (or payment) and you are (no longer) a VALA member!
Would you like to keep your member benefits? Then renew now.
Thanks to those who have renewed.
5. From the VCAA
Notice to Schools 30/2021 – 4 March 2021
Professional development for newly appointed VASS Users: March, April, and May 2021.
In March, April, and May 2021, the VCAA will conduct professional development training specifically designed for VASS administrators who are new to their position or who have never used VASS. This professional development will be undertaken remotely.
Full details and registration information is available on the VASS professional learning webpage.
Any queries should be directed to VASS Operations: 1800 623 681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.