Working Community is an innovative community-based and structured applied learning program that enables young people to develop:
- a range of personal, work-related and generic competencies, knowledge and skills
- their confidence and self-esteem
- a clearer understanding of community and citizenship, including how they can contribute to community and develop a sense of social responsibility
- a range of enterprising and personal skills that are valued in the world of work and in the life of a community
- their understanding of the world of work and expectations of employers
- their interdependence and support their transition to adulthood.
The work is also of relevance for people working with young people at risk.
The emphasis on personal and generic skill development of young people complements the Personal Development and Work Related Skills units of the VCAL.
VALA is proud to be able to offer this resource to the wider Education community and we feel sure that it will find a place in your library.
Download a free PDF copy (156 pages, about 2.3MB)